ON Rod Seal
The double-acting ON rod sealing set featuring a Slipper Seal® design is characterized by minimal break-away and dynamic friction and is therefore also suitable for low-lube conditions. The seal has been designed for housings acc. to ISO 7425-2.
The ON product series is particularly well suited for sealing applications in control cylinders, servo-assisted systems and machine tools.
Due to the material combination of the slipper ring (PTFE) and the O-ring (elastomer), this product is suitable for a wide range of applications, especially for aggressive media and/or high temperatures. An extensive selection of materials is available for specific application profiles.
• Good sealing performance in extremely small assembly conditions.
• Can also be used for single-acting applications.
• Excellent wear resistance.
• Minimal break-away and dynamic friction and no stick-slip tendency ensures uniform motion even at low speeds.
• Good energy efficiency due to low friction.
• Insensitive to pressure peaks.
• High temperature resistance assured by suitable O-ring compound selection.
• High extrusion resistance.
• Adaptable to nearly all media thanks to high chemical resistance of the sealing ring and large O-ring compound selection.
• Dimensions according to ISO 7425-2.
• Short axial assembly length.
• Installation in closed and undercut housings.
• Available in diameters from 4 to 4500 mm.
• Machined small-volume series and samples available with short lead times.
Range of application:
For high-pressure applications
NSIDE DIAMETER 4 to 1050 mm
OUTSIDE DIAMETER 8,9 to 1088 mm
POLYMER MATERIAL OPTIONS PTFE (Polytetrafluoroethylene), TPU (Polyurethane), UHMW-PE (Ultra-high molecular weight Polyethylene)
MAXIMUM OPERATING PRESSURE 400 bar
MINIMUM OPERATING TEMPERATURE -50 to -25 °C
MAXIMUM OPERATING TEMPERATURE 80 to 200 °C
MAXIMUM SURFACE SPEED 4, 0.5 m/sec
UNIT OF MEASURE Length: mm
CUSHIONING MECHANISM No
THERMAL APPLICATION TYPE Standard moderate Temperature (-35 C to 100 C) °C
High Temperature (< 205 C) °C
PRESSURE RATING High Pressure (< 500 bar) bar