The self-retaining EU rod seal/wiper ring for pneumatic cylinder piston rods performs three functions simultaneously:
Sealing, wiping, fixing.
• Due to application-optimized geometry and compounds suitable for use in oiled as well as in oil-free air (after initial lubrication on assembly).
• Bi-functional element: seal and wiper.
• Robust seal profile for harshest operating conditions.
• Extreme wear resistance.
• No risk of corrosion since the combined retainer and wiper part eliminates the need for additional wire circlips.
• Long service life due to coordinated geometries of the functional lips and compound selection.
• Smooth running due to optimum lubricant-retaining sealing lip geometry.
• Excellent media resistance in case of suitable compound selection.
• Identical housing for E7, E8, E9, EU, EF, EN, EW and ET.
• Installation in open housings.
• Low compression set.
• The coordinated geometries of the seal and wiper lips achieve favourable friction coefficients and long service life.
Range of application
|Operating pressure||≤ 16 bar|
|Operating temperature||-35 °C to +80 °C 1)|
|Sliding speed||≤ 1 m/s|
|Media||Compressed air, both lubricated and oil free (after greasing for fitting)|
The profile EU rod seal wiper is pushed into the housing with a circlip recess conforming to DIN 7993 (type B) and retained by the easy-to-snap in retainer ridge.
During assembly, care should be taken that neither the wiper nor the sealing lip be damaged by being pushed over any sharp edges.
In case of special operating conditions (specific pressure loads, temperature, speed, use in water, HFA, HFB fluids etc.), please contact our consultancy service for a selection of the material and design best suiting your particular application requirements.