CR Rod Seal
The CR double-acting rod sealing set featuring a Caveseal design consists of a PTFE rod sealing ring and an elastomer O-ring as a preloading element. The sealing set is suitable for dynamic applications as an alternative to an O-ring in situations requiring optimum sealing performance and friction. The Caveseal design enables installation in smallest grooves.
Due to the material combination of the slipper ring (PTFE) and the O-ring (elastomer), this product is suitable for a wide range of applications, especially for aggressive media and/or high temperatures. An extensive selection of materials is available for specific application profiles.
• Good sealing performance in extremely small assembly conditions.
• Excellent wear resistance.
• Minimal break-away and dynamic friction and no stick-slip tendency ensures uniform motion even at low speeds.
• Good energy efficiency due to low friction.
• Assembly on one-part piston is possible.
• High temperature resistance assured by suitable O-ring compound selection.
• Adaptable to nearly all media thanks to high chemical resistance of the sealing ring and large O-ring compound selection.
• Short axial assembly length.
• Short radial assembly depth.
• Installation in closed and undercut housings.
• Available in diameters from 4 to 4500 mm.
• Can be used in existing O-ring grooves.
• Additional sizes of machined products available on short notice
Range of application:
The CR rod sealing set has been designed to replace standard O-rings. For dynamic applications we recommend our OA product series for pneumatic applications and ON or OE for hydraulic applications.
The CR rod sealing set is available in the following compounds:
07401 – Industrial applications
314 – Heavy-duty
07402 – High temperatures
07403 – Low temperatures
07404 – General-purpose
THERMAL APPLICATION TYPE High Temperature (< 205 C) °C
Expanded Low and High Temperature (< -35 C to 140 C) °C
Standard moderate Temperature (-35 C to 100 C) °C
POLYMER MATERIAL OPTIONS PTFE (Polytetrafluorethylene), UHMW-PE (Ultra-high molecular weight Polyethylene)
MAXIMUM OPERATING PRESSURE 160 bar
MINIMUM OPERATING TEMPERATURE -200 to -25 °C
MAXIMUM OPERATING TEMPERATURE 80 to 230 °C
MAXIMUM SURFACE SPEED 4 m/sec
UNIT OF MEASURE Length: mm
CUSHIONING MECHANISM No
PRESSURE RATING Low Pressure (< 160 bar) bar